|Homepage l Help|
|Blubster Help Files l Tips|
Getting started in Blubster is very simple. The program itself is step-by-step guided in its clear appearance and looks, in order to make it really easy when you download your favourite music and share your files with thousands of users like you.
In spite of all this, we at
the Blubster team are aware that this could be your first time working
with us, and for that reason we state here a useful guide with quick tips
and tricks for you to feel more comfortable and get used to downloading,
managing and sharing your music with the huge community Blubster implies.
This list shows some questions you might come across when using Blubster
as a beginner.
- Blubster connections need a warming-up time. When you open your Blubster software, it starts making and dropping connections with thousands of users. After a few minutes, your position inside the Blubster network is stable and your access to the content much better. If you can't find a song, wait for some minutes and try downloading it again, and remember: sharing more music will improve your virtual position on the network!
- Try to be as concrete as you can in your searches. If you are looking for a specific song, you will have much more satisfactory results if you type the name of the band and the song title, rather than only the name of the band or only the song title. Searching for only the name of and artist or a band will only get you i.e. 200 results. If you search for 1 concrete song of that band, you'll get 200 results, improving the possibility of a reliable download.
-The correct and most common way of naming a song file is Artist-Songtitle.ext, for example "Mala estrella - Die this day.mp3". Following the standard will help everybody in the community, including yourself, to easily find and manage files.
- Each file has a property
named "MD5". The MD5 is a hash created from the contents of the file. Two
files are the same, even if their names are different, as long as their
MD5 is the same. This helps Blubster in tasks like downloading files from
different sources simultaneously and to work faster by knowing how many
people shares the same exact song. Regardless of the name of the file or
its size, a song version will be detected to be the same exact version as
other if they have the same MD5.
- When you do a search, Blubster will show you a list of results. Each result, in case it comes from only 1 user, will show, along with other information, the user's nick name, the client (s)he is using and the version of that client. The user column will show this information in the format "firstname.lastname@example.org" for example Amanda@Blubster.1.03.
- All the downloads you make using Blubster are auto-resumable downloads. This means that it will remember the files that you are downloading, along with the data already downloaded, even between sessions.
- There are some tasks that you can do using Blubster that will affect your file management to make it easier after downloading. For example, deleting a file from "My music" folder will delete it completely from your computer, and the same applies to "rename".
- When you search, some
files will have a different, yellow icon. Those files are compressed using
a cutting-edge, open-source technology: Ogg Vorbis. Ogg usually offers
better quality and smaller files, so we could say it is more advanced than
MP3, as we explained in www.Blubster.com.
If you are interested in keeping in touch with those friends you have and the new ones you will make, you can add users to your buddy list. This way you can even meet people with your same music tastes. Keep in mind that due to the decentralized nature of Blubster, the Buddy list may not work perfectly, and sometimes you may see buddies as if they were offline, even if they are fully connected to the network, but this are the least.
If you are an avid gamer, and you are interested in having Blubster running while you play your favorite game, it is recommended to disable chat and voice chat queries, so that you are not interrupted in your game by other users. Go to "Configuration" > "Network" > "Chat" and select your preferences.